A Marriage License can be obtained from the Town Clerk during office hours; however, it is recommended to call the office for an appointment.
- A couple who intendes to be married in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the state.
- Although the marriage license is issued immediately, the marriage ceremony may not take place for more than 24 hours from the exact time the license was issued.
- The license is valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued.
- No premarital examination or blood test is required in New York State.
- Proof of identity and age is required.
- If this is not your first marriage, you must submit a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage.
- The fee for a marriage license is $40.00