Roger Cook, Codes Enforcement Officer
735 Utica Street, P.O. Box 394 DeRuyter, NY 13052
Office Phone: 315-367-1353 Cell Phone: 315-447-0476 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Codes Enforcement Office:
The Codes Enforcement Office is located in the Genevieve D. Staley Civic Center
How Plaintiffs Approach Lawsuits &
Mediation - June, 2013
Thursday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Inspections by Appointment
What ever your planned construction project, it may require an application for a permit, a plan check review, and inspections. The questions and answers here should help you determine if you need a permit and how to obtain one.
When do I need a Building Permit?
A permit is required for construction that physically changes or adds structures to your property, or for work regulated by Bew York's Building & Fire Code, Town or County Codes, or ordinances, such as:
- New Buildings - dwellings, sheds, carports, etc.
- Additions - buildings, swimming pools, hot tubs, decks, retaining walls, etc.
- Repairs Involving Structural Members - including staircases, doors, windows, rafter, trusses, etc.
- Alterations Beyond Cosmetic Changes - converting carports to garages or nonliving space to living space
- Moving or Demolition of Any Building
- Heating Equipment - wood or pellet stoves, gas lines, HVAC units
- Electrical & Plumbing: any electrical changes and most plumbing changes
*Building without a permit may result in enforcement action, including removing and construction which requires permits, possible penalties, and increased fees. If you have any questions about when permits a.re required, please call first